1. Where can I get a liqour license?
Special Occasion Licences (SOL) are available to event hosts who wish to provide temporary or infrequent liquor service at events such as family gatherings, private functions, community festivals and manufacturer tastings. To apply for an SOL license please visit solo.bcldb.com
You must purchase your liquor from a BC Liquor Store or another source approved by the Liquor Distribution Branch.
You may only provide (serve but not sell) home-made beer, cider or wine or UBrew/UVin (Ferment-on-Premises) products under a private family special occasion licence. You may not allow the people attending the event to bring their own liquor, at either a private or a public special event.
If you are selling liquor at your event, you must follow the maximum liquor price schedule — you are not allowed to charge more than the amounts listed on the schedule without special authorization from the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch.
- Special Occasion Licences for Major Events Terms & Conditions
- Special Event Server Policy
- Special Occasion Licences Security Plan for Large Events
- Minors as Agents Info Sheet
- Identification Info Sheet
For more information about Special Occasion Licences, visit the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Branch website.
2. Who do I get in touch with if I have special requests for the house DJ?
To get in touch with our house DJ or if you have questions regarding audio/video, please contact Vick Jhooty from AAA movies at 604-312-8536 or email@example.com
3. Where can I get more information about bartending?
Please contact Daniea Steiger from Perfect Party Services at 778-998-5948 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. I have questions about security at my event. Who can I contact?
For all security related matters, please contact Manny Gill from Lock Up Security Ltd. at 604-833-8977 or email@example.com